The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. -Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, February 14, 2008

To My VALENTINE!


To my funny valentine of o-so many years,
Who often makes me laugh so hard it brings this girl to tears.

I love your silly songs and the funny jokes you tell,
Even the inappropriate ones that might send us both to h___.

You love your snowboards, your wakeboard, and all your many guns,
But I know I always come first and that you love me tons and tons.

I think its fair to say you are the cutest dad there ever was,
Even when you get mad at all the food-throwing Kaitlyn does.

Kaitlyn loves her Daddy so much, even more than all her toys,
One day you’ll use your guns to chase away all the boys.
There is no better husband, father, or friend I could ever ask for,
I’ll take you rain or shine, thick or thin, and even rich or poor.

So Happy Valentine’s Day to the one I love the most,
Of you I am so proud and will always gladly boast!

I LOVE YOU BRIAN!

-ERIN




8 comments:

Stephanie said...

I don't know if I should post my first thought after reading your poem...it really shows my southern roots ("You go Girl!"). I am so impressed with your poetry skills, and I really hope Brian liked it.

cody+sara said...

What a cute lil' wife you are! Maybe I needed you to write one for me to give Codes! ;)

Esther said...

What an awesome post! Thanks for sharing your poem with all of us. My favorite part was the paragraph about his jokes :) Fun pictures too, Brian looks like a pro snowboarder!

Tamara Jacobs said...

You are quite the poet! That was so cute, and I love the pictures!

Russ and Nat said...

I think our husbands have a lot in common.......So my mom is having a poetry contest.....I think I may have found my "coach", that was a great poem!

The Oborn Family said...

That is just sweet . . . and so true :) - I love it!

Morgan said...

Wow Erin you have got a poem talent!

Heidi said...

that was the most darling poem! I loved it... even though it wasn't to me:) Valentines day is the greatest!