The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. -Thomas Jefferson

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Luck of the Irish


I know St. Patrick’s Day is sort of a looked-over holiday…personally, I love it!
There are many reasons I love St. Patrick’s day: first off, my favorite color has always been green and this holiday is totally devoted to that color. Along with that, my eyes are green and my birthstone is an emerald.

Next, the name ERIN actually means Ireland…crazy!
I also love clovers. I have a necklace with a clover charm that my frind Mindi gave me and I LOVE it and where it all the time! Also, when I was little I would search and search through patches of clovers to find a FOUR-LEAF one…I never did though...
The best thing to wrap this whole thing up would be if I could tell you that I am also Irish…but no, my ancestors came from Denmark and Wales. Oh well, I still love St. Patrick’s Day!




One more thing, my size has often been compared to that of a leprechaun…just one more reason to love the Holiday!

5 comments:

The Oborn Family said...

So now its your turn to show ME how to do the cute backgrounds so my friend Jen doesn't have to keep changing mine for me . . . :)

Tam said...

Hey I love St Patty's day too. I'm Irish (my red hair kind of gives that away:) Let's have a st patrick's party together...we can wear green and riverdance! :)

Stephanie said...

The reason I like St. Patrick's Day is because that's the day Britton asked me to marry him. Kinda fun. Also, I am part Irish, but I don't know how much...and I haven't taken the time to look it up/figure it out.

Valerie Plowman said...

You totally freaked me out. I was absolutely convinced I had fogotten St. Patty's day. Then (and this is after a few hours) I remembered that is it FEB and not MARCH! lol

Anonymous said...

You actually do have Irish blood. Your great, great, great, great grandfather (John Donnellon) was born in Ireland. The Donnellon family is from Claire County in Ireland -- you are truly green!