The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. -Thomas Jefferson

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Little Allyx is ALL GROWN UP!

So my LITTLE sister, Allyx Leigh Oborn, got engaged this weekend!!! I couldn’t be happier for her. Her fiancé’s name is Daniel Ray Moedl…sounds like he should be a country singer huh!!! They will be getting married in the Salt Lake Temple on April 22nd. Dan and Allyx have been dating for like 8 or 9 months now and in that time we have had quite a few opportunities to get to know him. We just love him. He is nice, fun, and even willing to put up with our sister. Most of all, he is PERFECT for Allyx - everything from his Harry Potter obsession to his willingness to do the most random things at the most random times. AND, he loves her and will treat her like a queen, which is what she deserves and more. I love my Allyx so much and I’m so proud of the decisions she has made.






So CONGRATS Dan and Allyx, we are so excited for you and we love you both!!!!

8 comments:

Chelli said...

That is so exciting! Congrats!!!

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

Yeah, I am so excited for your family! I knew it was coming but it is now official. So does this mean she has set the record for the youngest age to get married on the Oborn side? (Does that make sense?) Anyway, love ya!!

Annie said...

Erin I'm so glad I found your blog! It's awesome! My favorite part is all the pictures of Kaitlyn with the pants on her head! So cute! Also, The Giver is my favorite book, too.

Tamara Jacobs said...

YAY! They are such a cute couple! That is so exciting for your fam:)

KO said...

YEAH!! It's about time they come out and say it!! I knew they were whooped ever since she brought Dan home for General Conference. Congrats to the newly engaged couple. Do they have a blog?

Laura Chapman said...

That's exciting news! I can't believe how time has flown by. Your family is all grown up since we were roommates!!

Stephanie said...

Great! We would love to give you a ride (If you don't mind the ghetto car, that is! lol) I will just plan on driving over to your place at about 1:10 or so. That ok?

Stephanie said...

Yeah, I think I'm going to that Enrichment lunch bunch tomorrow (at 11am, right?). I'm taking Jack to get his pictures taken at 1pm, so I will probably have to leave around 12:30 if it's not over yet. You going? Will you have the car tomorrow/Need a ride?