The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. -Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Camryn is Here!!!

Today we were blessed with a wonderful addition to our family. My little brother Dane and his sweet wife Tamara gave birth to a beautiful, healthy baby girl. Camryn Elizabeth Oborn was born 7 lbs 12 oz and is 19 inches long. Poor Tamara is quite the trooper. After being sent home TWICE from the hospital (even though she was having unbearable contractions) she was finally admitted but then her epidural wore off about 2 hours after she got it and never kicked back in no matter how much stuff they shot into her. She is truly a hero! So she is a little tired…actually A LOT tired, but she is hanging in there and her and Dane are just so happy to have their sweet daughter Camryn here with them.

We got to go to the hospital and spend time with them today and it was amazing. She is so little! For the first time I realized just how big Kaitlyn has gotten! We just love Camryn and Kaitlyn just wanted to touch her and kiss her the whole time. She also wanted to be held by whoever was holding Camryn at the time!

Proud parents!
Favorite Aunt
so tired...
3 generations: Nana, daddy, and baby
Kaitlyn liked to play with buttons on Aunt Tam's bed!
Cousins!
Pround uncle
MY FAVORTIE PIC: me and my brother and our babies :)

7 comments:

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

YEAH!!! I have been watching their blog to see whats going on!!!! I am so excited for them, and of course for you! What a sweet little girl. Your next "niece" will be mine! Yeah for baby GIRLS!

The Sorensen Family said...

Those are cute pictures! She is so cute! Congrats! It makes me super excited to have a girl!

cody+sara said...

YAY! I'm sure you're glad I'm not texting you like crazy still... HA!
I love the last pic. What a memorable experience.

Laura Chapman said...

So cute! Looks like you guys had fun meeting Camryn. She's beautiful!

Heidi said...

She is PRECIOUS! Oh my, how jealous am i? Well, I have to say, it was pretty fun to read your 25 facts... especially cause I knew a lot of them:) I love that we have so much in common. Maybe I'll tag myself with this one. I think it would be fun for our kids in the future... You look so cute in all these pictures. You look tan too... what? have you been laying out without me? Congrats to your brother, and wow, what a trooper your sis in law is.

The Stanley's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Stanley's said...

Congrats on your niece... She is so, so cute!