The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. -Thomas Jefferson

Friday, May 2, 2008

A Day at the Farm

You wouldn’t know it with the SNOW we woke up to yesterday, but the beginning of the week was so beautiful! I couldn’t stand being inside with temperatures close to 80 so my friend Abbey and I took our girls down to Thanksgiving Point to the Animal Farm. The girls had so much fun and it was a great way to spend the day.

Anna & Kaitlyn

Abbey & Anna
Kaitlyn thought it was hilarious feeding donkey!
Admittedly, Kaitlyn spent more time getting in and out of the wagon than she did looking at the animals.

Kaitlyn had fun watching the ponies but once I got her riding one she kind of freaked out! Sadly, we had the camera on video instead of picture so I don't have any pictures of it. It was quite a scene with Kaitltyn screaming and me holding her on the pony with all my might!

She LOVED the birds!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stephanie said...

So fun! Anna and Kaitlyn are too cute. I'm sorry to hear about the donkey affair, but glad that everything else went well and that you took advantage of the beautiful weather (while it lasted...ggrrrr)
Ps. is that your/Abbey's wagon or the animal farm's? I'm curious because I really want to get one for Jack and I'm wondering where it came from if you know :)

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

How fun! I am hoping to take Porter to the Zoo this summer, or maybe when my mom is here. I think he would LOVE it!