The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. -Thomas Jefferson

Monday, July 28, 2008

Lake Mead

This past week we packed up the car and headed out for one of our FAVORITE places…THE LAKE! My aunt has a house boat down on Lake Mead in Nevada so we went down and stayed for 4 days. We had most of my family plus my cousins so we packed all 14 of us on there and just had sooo much fun! (Kaitlyn stayed with Grandma and Grandpa, we didn’t want her falling in the lake!) We got out the wakeboard a few times but for the most part we surfed behind the boat, it’s our new favorite activity. When we weren’t on the water us girls spent quality time reading our Twilight books and the boys played the Wii. It was a relaxing and super fun trip!

The whole crew!
Kourtney, Allyx, me, & Tamara
Dane, Taylor, Dane, & Brian
Brian - the Surfer Extraordinaire

Me surfing - not so extraordinaire


Me & Allyx and our attempts to double surf!




Brian lookin' sexy on the waverunner
Jeff!
Tay and Kort

Dan's favorite swimmer

3 comments:

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

FUN!!! I love the houseboat! Looks like you guys had fun. I'm glad to hear Kaitlyn stayed with the Tenney's. Now that I have children, I don't believe my kids and large body's of water mix well! I am a worry wart! (Not that I think something would happen with Kaitlyn, but you know that!) LOVE ya!

KO said...

So jealous of your boating trip. Chase and I haven't even been down to Mead once this year. Looks like a ball! You look great by the way...

Heidi said...

oh i'm jealous. That looks like a blast! We tried the whold surfing thing last year... it was fun. I was no good either. glad you're back!