The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. -Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! Wow, time sure does fly by. I can’t believe its 2008! This has been a great year. 2007 was our first year our with our sweet Kaitlyn and I think having her around has made everything a little sweeter. Going to the pool was so much more exciting, Halloween was fun and silly again, sleep became the luxury I never knew it was, and the small moments of crawling, walking, and hearing “mama” brought me more joy than I could ever know.

I could not leave the past year behind me without expressing my gratitude for all my many blessings. Brian has a sucessfull job he loves and allows me to be a stay-at-home mom, a dream fulfilled for me. Kaitlyn is growing (not so much hair..) and developing perfectly and is as cute as a bug. We are healthy and happy. Brian has X-box and guns, I have books and movies, and Kaitlyn gets to watch Finding Nemo and Hairspray everyday! We have so many people who love and care for us, wonderful family and friends. We have the Gospel in our lives and the knowledge of a loving Father in Heaven and Savior. How could we not be happy!!!!

Now onto the New Year celebration! Our friend’s Tyler and Jessica Mitchell hosted a New Year’s Eve party. It was so much fun. We have great friends and it was so fun to get to party with them all night (especially with Kaitlyn celebrating with Grandma and Grandma)!

Brian + Erin + NO baby= one wild and crazy time!

Good Buddies

Kelly & KristenCameron & Amy
Jason & Mindi

Jess & me









We played a lot of fun games. Brian won our game of Hilarium (he wins everything) but the girls SCHOOLED the boys in Mad Gab! (thanks Amy)













Our Happy New Year toast!












Apparently Brian had a little too much of the Martinelli's bubbly!







What GREAT friends we have!


5 comments:

Alex said...

KELLY!!!!!! Yay, I'm so glad you still keep up with him, how is he? Is that his wife? (She's gorgeous, go Kelly!) I often think of him and wonder how he is, such a great guy... I was always kinda sad that Lisa didn't marry him... even though Jason is an awesome guy! Anyway, tell him hi for me whenevr you see him, he always made me crack up! Also, who is that with Kristen? Is that her bf or is she married? Gol, its been ages since I last had any contact with her. :( Wow, I miss the good ol' days in Carrol Hall. Oh and is that Nate (Kristen's Nate) over on the left with the shirt & tie? Kinda looks like him but I'm not sure? Oh Erin, you are SO lucky to live out there and still be able to hang out with all our old buddies, I'm SO jealous!!!

Stephanie said...

Erin, you are so inspiring! I count myself lucky to call you friend. I am glad that you had such a great time partying on new years, and I'm sorry that kaitlyn is sick. Jack has been sick for a while now too, so I hope that he is on the tail end of it and will be over it soon. Let me know if you need anything, since I'm just a hop, skip, and a jump away!

Tam said...

So cute Erin! Looks like you guys had a fun party and a great year! I love your cute family. I'm sorry Kaitlyn is sick...Preslee has been sick too and is just getting back to her normal self. Let me know if you need anything...and call me when she's feeling better so we can hang out! Love ya!

Chelli said...

Happy New Year!! Glad to hear you guys had so much fun! You three are so much fun! We had a blast with you the other night! I hope Kaitlyn gets feeling better. James is sick too. It sounds like everyones kids are sick! Too Bad!

Valerie Plowman said...

Looks fun Erin!