The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. -Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Baby Story

Wow, life sure is different! Different, but absolute wonderful. What did we ever do without this sweet little peanut of ours. My labor went great. the worst part of the day was the WAITING. I was supposed to be induced Friday morning, by 10am that morning the hospital hadn’t called so I called them and it was pretty busy, lots of laboring women, so I had to call back in 2 hours. Same thing was told to me at noon, then at 2 o’clock. I was devastated. I woke up that morning so excited to have my baby and now I thought I was going to have to wait until Monday. Finally, Brian was taking me to get some ice cream to cheer me up when my phone rang and it was the hospital telling me to hurry and get there. Hurray! So, i was admitted at 4 o’clock with a huge grin on my face. Once they got me all hooked up to machines and stuff, that’s when the nerves set in. I know I’ve done this before but I didn’t remember how to do it! J once they got my pitosin going I asked for my epidural. But just my luck, the anesthesiologist got called into a bunch of c-sections and I didn’t get the epidural for 2 ½ hours! So those 2 ½ hours were a bit miserable, but then the epidural came and life was good! Here I am a happy girl now that I couldn’t feel anything!
My labor only took 6 hours. I started pushing at about 10:40 and at 11pm on the nose, our Hailey was here!!! She was so cute, even coated in all the cheesy vernix stuff! The cord was wrapped around her neck but the doctor took care of it real quick and there were no real complications. She is little, she weighed 6 pounds even and was 19 ½ inches long. When they left her with us Brian and I were in heaven. When Kaitlyn was born it was such an amazing spiritual experience, I thought I would never be able to experience anything like it ever again, but this was so amazing. The Spirit was so strong and the feeling indescribable. She only cried a little bit and she nursed sooo well right off the bat.



It was a very long night, by the time they got us all settled and Brian got Hailey bathed and everything it was 3am. So I only got about 2 hours of sleep that night. We had a lot of visitors the next day, the best visitor was our new big sister Kaitlyn. She just loved Hailey and loved holding her and kissing her. It’s so fun to have my two girls. There is nothing like being a mom. Looking at our little family of four brings more joy to me than anything! Hailey is doing so good and she is such a good little baby. We are so happy!!!









16 comments:

Katie & Justin said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations! You are lucky parents to have such a sweet girl, and she is lucky to have you as parents. We wish you the best of luck. . .

Dane & McCall said...

AHHH congrats Erin!! SHe is beautiful! Can't wait to squeeze her.

Stephanie said...

Great story...I especially love the outcome, she is TOO sweet! Can't wait to see you guys again :)

the watkins said...

I love the picture of Kaitlyn and Hailey!

I also love hearing the story, again! Such a happy experience.

Alex said...

What a wonderful birth story, so glad everything went so well! Kaitlyn looks so thrilled, she'll be such a great big sister! Hope you are recovering quickly and enjoying your precious new baby girl, what a doll!!

Tyler & Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing. I am glad everything went well! How exciting. I just stare at the pictures of her and she is precious. I can only imagine what it's like and I look forward to that do so very much.

The Stanley's said...

Congrats you guys! She is beautiful!! I'm glad to hear everything went so well. I love the name Hailey- and the pic with all four of you is just too precious!

Alli Garlich said...

What a great story, Erin - congratulations! She is beautiful and Kaitlyn looks like a great bis sis already!

BRIAN~KANDICE~ALI~ALYSSA said...

What a nice story. I love hearing baby stories. I'm glad everything went well.
I wish I would have known you had her at IMC I was workingthat weekend I could have come and seen you. Oh well I guess.

Linsey said...

Erin,
Congrats! She is a beautiful little girl.
Happy Birthday! Hope it is great!

Nick and Melanie Munns said...

Congratulations Erin and Brian and big sister Kaitlyn!!! How wonderful to have another sweet baby girl, we are so happy for you guys!

Dallin & Ashley said...

Congratulations cute Erin and Brian!! your sweet baby girl is adorable, so happy for you both! I'm excited to meet her!

Loni Hanson said...

Congrats! She is beautiful!

Ryan and Erin said...

Oh! She is just so perfect! Congratulations! She is just so sweet!

KO said...

Your little girls are going to be the best of friends. She's so sweet. Can't wait to hold her again.

Emily Blais said...

Oh my gosh ERIN! I found you through Greg's blog. It has been FOREVER!!!! Hopefully you remember me :) Hailey is beautiful. I just had my first baby on Jan. 8. Its the BEST. Congratulations. It is good to catch up with you! My blog is www.theblaisfamily.blogspot.com. Visit any time!