The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. -Thomas Jefferson

Monday, March 23, 2009

Our Little Mommy

So I think it’s safe to say that Kaitlyn is going to LOVE having a baby sister (maybe even too much!). I heard her in her room playing with her baby today and couldn’t resist sneaking around getting some pictures of her. I added a commentary of her conversations with the baby too!

Changing baby’s diaper. “Ew baby, gross!”
“Go potty baby” “Good girl! Ghank you!”

“open baby, have to brush teeth”

She was reading baby her favorite book, Duck in the Truck. I was amazed how well she knew what it said just from the pictures!

Now this next picture made me cry. She had gotten her baby on her knees and was praying with her so she could put her to bed. The fits, messes, and potty accidents of the day flew out of my mind when I saw this and heard “Father” and “Amen”. This is what makes being a mom SO worth it, knowing you are teaching your kids correct principles and that they are learning the role the Gospel plays in their lives.
I just love my little mommy!

12 comments:

Alli Garlich said...

oh my gosh, Erin - that is ADORABLE - I got teary-eyed reading that:)

Jessica said...

SO! cute! She's a doll!

BRIAN~KANDICE~ALI~ALYSSA said...

how cute. kids are so precious.

Camron Amy Brycson said...

What a good little helper you're going to have! She is adorable.

Laura Chapman said...

So cute! You're such a good mommy!

Anonymous said...

Sierra has started doing the same thing with her babies, only she puts them in "time out"! Your little one is such a doll!

the watkins said...

She is going to be such a great big sister! Kaitlyn is one of my favorite kids. You can tell she has great parents!

Alex said...

How precious! I love listening to my little nephew (he's 3) pray. It's amazing what they retain and how pure their little hearts and thoughts are!

sara elizabeth said...

Oh what a little doll! She has an incredible mommy to look up to. You're so cute with her and I'm sure it's VERY rewarding to see her mirroring what has been taught by you and Brian! I love the prayer one... totally made me tear up!

The Hammonds said...

This is such a cute post. Doesn't it really make it so worth everything when you see your kids do little things that you have taught them. Kaitlyn is so cute! Jones had fun playing with her out in the foyer during Sacrament meeting on Sunday.

Anyway, I just saw on your blog that you are reading "The Choice" by Nicholas Sparks. I actually had that book and "The Lucky One" and ended up reading "The Lucky One" and really liked it. You'll have to let me know how you like "The Choice."

The Sorensen Family said...

Sssooo CUTE!!! You are raising her well!!

Heidi said...

I got the shivers... so sweet