The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. -Thomas Jefferson

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Heber Valley Camp

This weekend we went up to the Heber Valley Valley Camp with Brian's family. It was so fun and it was soooo beautiful. The Church owns this camp and they keep it so nice. We stayed in some great cabins so we were able to get a great night's sleep. We did all the traditional camping stuff with tinfoil dinners and s'mores. Kaitlyn just loved being outside and Brian and I loved it too!

Our monkey Kaitlyn eating her breakfast
Grandpa cookin it up!
Brian got all the pig he could eat (he doesn't get much at home!)
True camper-eating his sausage with a bayonet


We had a great hike


Our cabin

These blue flowers were everywhere and I LOVED them
inside the cabin
our cozy sleeping area

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like it was a ton of fun!

Stephanie said...

I was just checing out HVC last week (after we got back from our "camping" trip). It looks so nice up there and I'm glad you took lots of pictures. :) I LOVE camping!

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

Seeing the mountains makes me home sick!! That first picture is beautiful, but my idea of camping is that nice HUGE cabin behind you in the family picture!!!

Valerie Plowman said...

My stake went there last year for young womens, but I couldn't go with the wee baby. Hopefully I will get the chance some other year!

Alex said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! What a nice cabin!!! Mmmm, that bacon looked good! :P

Esther said...

That looks so fun! We went there one year with Jimmy's family and loved it too, I'm glad you had a great time!

Tracie said...

Taylor is going there for girls camp. We just had our parents meeting tonight. I'm glad you thought it was great. I never got to go on stake camp year and stay in a cabin with showers. But times change, it won't be like that every year is what I keep telling her.

Allyx and Dan said...

I love these pics. Kaitlyn looks so cute in her american tank. I wanna go camping. this place looks tight. when did yall go??