The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. -Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

One Last Trip Before Baby

Brian does a lot of traveling out to California and we’ve been talking about me going with him sometime. With the baby coming we decided that we needed to do this trip quick before I can’t fly or the baby comes and I can’t do much! So about a week and half ago we jumped on a plane to spend a long weekend in Monterey and San Francisco. Brian did have to work a little, but I still had a great time just relaxing, reading, and walking around the shops.

We stayed right on the water. This is what we could see from our hotel. 


The best part of the trip was the drive we took from Monterey to San Fran up Highway 1. It follows the coast and is beautiful!!!


Here is the gorgeous beach that we saw and HAD to stop at. 


For all of those people that make fun of me for not liking the ocean and being a little scared of it….take a look at this sign…

Sure sounds like a fun time to me….:)

A beautiful lighthouse we saw from the road.
 It started raining quite a bit so we grabbed a pizza and pulled up to a beach to eat in the car.  We saw some awesome wind surfers out there!

 We of course had to take a drive across the Golden Gate Bridge (I started singing the theme to Full House everytime we saw it...good thing Brian loves me so much!)

Once in San Francisco we went to the wharf for some clam chowder in sourdough bread bowls (yum!) and of course had to check out the Ghirardelli Chocolate factory for some hot cocoa!  (look close and you can see how soaking wet we were!)
It was such a fun little trip.  It was nice to get away and have a relaxing trip with just Brian before the craziness of the holidays and the craziness that will be 3 kiddos! 

3 comments:

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

Fun guys! Erin...I am totally afraid of the ocean too! And I love that you sang the Full House song, now it is in my head THANKS! J/K, glad you got a trip in just the two of ya. Remember I sit at home all day and you should come play!

Alex said...

We of course had to take a drive across the Golden Gate Bridge (I started singing the theme to Full House every time we saw it...

You are SUCH a nerd, but that's why I <3 you so much! Glad you guys had a fun trip, you look great by the way! Little man is almost here, I can't believe it! Eeeek!!! :)

Kara said...

Ha Ha ha! I loved reading this. You are such a crack up! Ummm ya the ocean is way scetchy and I love that you sang the Full HOuse theme song. LOL you are so funny.