The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. -Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Collin Raye

Yesterday was AWESOME. One of my MOST FAVORITE singers is Collin Raye. Well, yesterday luck shined down on me, and Collin was singing and signing CDs at the Deseret Book downtown. My sister-in-law, Tamara, and I headed up there and got to see him!!!! I’ll start at the beginning…we got there a little early to be sure to get a good look. So while we were waiting I took Kaitlyn downstairs to the bathroom, when we came back up the stairs there was Collin Raye! He said hi to me and told me how cute he thought Kaitlyn was. I am a nerd and was totally star-struck and didn’t really know what to say. So, I said thanks and just smiled huge. I’m such a dork. Next, we were waiting in line to get his autograph and right before it was our turn they asked if we could wait while he performed. Like I said, awesome. So we were like 4 feet from him as he sat there with his guitar and sang Love, Me and In this Life. He is sooooo good. After his performance it was my and Tam’s turn for autographs. He was so nice and talked to us for a while. Of course I was a dork again and didn’t know what to say, but it was still awesome. The BEST part was when he was commenting on Kaitlyn’s beautiful brown eyes and started SINGING Brown Eyed Girl to her!!!!! Then we got our pictures taken with him and he was so nice and just loved our little girls and told us how sweet we were and what good moms we were. Again, it was AWESOME.
(I have video of him singing but its not working :(, if I can get it to work I'll upload it.)




8 comments:

Alex said...

VERY cool!!! So glad you got to have such a great experience!!!

Anonymous said...

Collin is doing so many things for the community - it's great!

If you love Collin, you might be interested in knowing that he's doing a tribute performance at the Operation Kids Lifetime Achievement Award Gala and the concert will be streamed live online.

Saturday, Oct. 11 - 9 p.m. (Mountain).

It is free, but pre-registration is required - for more info and registration go here: http://operationkids.org/register

I'm so excited about it!

Justin and Amy said...

Wow, what a nice guy! Did he sing "What if Jesus Comes Back Like That"? That's my personal favorite!

Justin

Anonymous said...

All I can say is "AWESOME!"

Stephanie said...

Wow, too cool! I'm so happy for you - that must have the best experience ever :)

Chelli said...

Wow! Very fun!

the watkins said...

That is so fun!

Tracie said...

Sat. we were at Desert Star theater and they said Collin Raye was coming to thier dinner theater, I can't remember the days but I think it was in Nov. You check it out by going to desertstar.biz