The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. -Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Kaitlyn!!!


Today is Kaitlyn’s FIRST birthday. I can’t believe how quickly the time has gone by, I feel like I was just in the hospital giving birth to her. It’s a bittersweet day. It’s so fun to watch her grow and to celebrate each milestone but I also feel as if someone has taken the sun and all the clocks and sped them up. Hours are shorter, minutes fly by, and all of a sudden a year has passed and I feel as though it’s only been a month. It reminds me of how important it is to savor each moment and to enjoy each step, tooth, and giggle in Kaitlyn’s life.


Last night we had a little birthday party. Kaitlyn LOVES the movie Finding Nemo so, of course, we had a Nemo party!



We had a lot of party-goers. Brian's parents and siblings, his grandparents, and Erin's brother's and sister-in-law. LOTS of people for our little townhouse...but, it was cozy!
So many wonderful presents!








My mom always made us such wonderful cakes growing up and she decorated them beautifully. So, I wanted to do this for my kids too. This is my first stab at it. It's not perfect but I had a lot of fun doing it and hopefully I'll keep getting better as the years go by.





We let Kaitlyn eat her piece of cake all by herself. Ya know, you spend al this time teaching them not to play with their food and you try adn keep their face clean, then they turn 1 and it all goes out the window!





9 comments:

Justin and Amy said...

Looks like it was an awesome party! Good job on the cake. I think it looks fantastic. It looks like Kaitlyn's hair is starting to come in more. It looks like she has a lot more than when we last saw her. She's still a cutie!!

Justin

Anonymous said...

Happy BIRTHDAY Misses! Can't wait to see you at Christmas time!

sara elizabeth said...

YAY! Happy Birthday lil' girl!
The cake looks so good! Way to go.

Tamara Jacobs said...

Happy Birthday Kaitlyn!!! Erin your cake looks awesome!

the watkins said...

Looks like Kaitlyn had such a good time. We think she is such a cute baby. You are such a cute mom, and I am very impressed with the cake!

Justin and Amy said...

Seriously Erin... that cake is so good! You have many wonderful cakes decorating days ahead of you... I can tell! Fun pictures. She is getting so big:)

Alex said...

YAY Kaitlyn!!! Such an adorable 1 year old, bet she's keeping you busy! Oh, and GREAT JOB on that cake, looks totally professional! :)

Laura Chapman said...

It was great to see you last weekend! You did a great job on the cake. It puts my cake decorating skills to shame! You're baby is growing up...

Stephanie said...

I'm so sorry I missed it! I was packing, and I remembered when I was on the way to the airport. It looks like it was so much fun and the cake was fabulous...GREAT JOB! And I ended up staying in NC longer. I'm still here - I won't be back until Monday. Jack was so disoriented, that I just couldn't put him right back on a plane 2 days later.
Stephanie