The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. -Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Pioneer Day

We had a very fun Pioneer Day. My parents have been in Utah for a Pioneer Day since I was in 5th grade, so they were way excited to get to celebrate it with everyone. After a delicious pancake breakfast (courtesy of my dad) we headed up to Heritage Park and This is the Place Monument. It was HOT, HOT day but we still had a good time!

I took a picture of these calves because they were named Boothe and Bones! I love that show!


Just a little morbid...
What a good handcart pioneer my dad would have made! (Especially with sunglasses and a water bottle!)



This would have been our Alma Mater had we been born 150 years ago!

3 comments:

Valerie Plowman said...

That looks like a fun tradition!

Tyler & Michelle said...

Looks like you guys had fun! That is awesome you guys live close to those sites and can visit them.

kerraandrichard said...

Hey Erin,
I found a link to your blog through Esthers.
Although i'm SOO bad at updated mine, here is a link to ours.
www.kerraandrichard.blogspot.com